The river offers varied fishing from the sea to the upper reaches of rivers where the salmon’s journey ends. The river isvery suitable for salmon angling with plenty of good pools, rapids and small waterfalls - often ideal for flyfishing. The Mandal river is split into several sub-zones. Fishing licenses can be purchased at our web-site and at local dealers. In addition to salmon fishing we offer fishing for sea trout, brown trout and brooke trout.
The fishing in Mandal River is divided into 4 main zones. In zones 1, 3 and 4, one licence covers the entire zone. Zone 2 consists of 32 sub-zones. These are all named related to their location. In 23 of these zones, the number of rods is limited.
Our outlets sell permits to all of the above-described zones in the river. Fishing license sales starts on the 15th of February for Zone 1 and 2 at Muller Gasin, Intersport Mandal, Sandnes Camping and Grønberg sports outlets. Permits for the zones Hauge A, B, C and D can be bought at the landowners from the same date. For the sub-zones at Hauge, Holmesland and Fuskeland, fishing permits can be purchased at our online sales from the 15th of February. At the Marnar Salmon Center (Laudal) and Joker Bjelland, the sale of fishing licenses starts at the end of May. Joker Bjelland also sells licenses for trout fishing in zone 4 from the 1th of May.
Guidelines to be observed when fishing
- The national fishing license for salmon and sea Trout must be paid before Fishing starts. Remember to sign the card
- Fishing from bridges is not allowed
- Always start fishing upstream another fisherman
- All fishermen move downstream during fishing
- Pay attention to the local environment, acres and fields
- Obvious embarrassing behavior will lead to demission